Home decor: Wishlist

Even though I don’t have my own home I’m always on the lookout for new homeware pieces and have even started buying little pieces ready for when I do move out. I’m so excited to furnish and decorate my own home to my own style and can’t stop pinning home décor on Pinterest, it’s becoming a real problem. I thought I’d share some of the pieces I’ve been loving and lusting after recently.

Home decor wishlist

1. Oliver Bonas – Velvet Armchair

Even though I don’t normally go for such a stand out colour I love this velvet blue armchair. I think having one or two statement pieces in a room pulls everything together. I love the two wooden legs at the back and how they are finished with gold-toned steel caps. Oliver Bonas also do this in other colours as well.

2. John Lewis – Cube Clock

I absolutely love this modern alarm clock from John Lewis. It’s so my style and I’m actually considering buying it now as I like it so much but then that just means I’ll have it for when I move so that’s okay, right?!

3. Tesco – Copper Pendant

I couldn’t do a wish list without adding anything rose gold or copper so this copper pendant from Tesco is basically my perfect light shade. It’s modern and would look amazing in a kitchen or dining room. When I was younger I always thought I’d go for something sparkly but as I’ve grown older my taste has changed and now I’m all about modern and simplistic pieces so I think something like this had definitely got a place in my future home.

4. Oliver Bonas – Fluffy Cushion

Who doesn’t love a fluffy cushion though? They go with everything and make a plain sofa look super comfy and fresh. I love the colour of this one as it’s natural so it’ll go anywhere and look amazing.

5. Debenhams – Artificial Plant

Are you even a blogger if you don’t have some sort of artificial plant in your room or house? I feel like they add this little homely touch and they are obviously pretty aesthetically pleasing. My room gets quite hot so I’ve never brought a real one as I know it would die quite quickly but I can’t wait to buy some when I get my own home.

6.  Debenhams – Fleece Throw

In my room right now I have about 5 throws but I’ve brought quite a few through the years, I honestly have an addiction but they are so useful and look pretty across a bed or sofa and when your cold or sick they make a great blanket. At the moment I’m loving the ones with the Pom Pom at the end’s.

7. Oliver Bonas – Gold Letter Board

I love a good letter board. They can be so useful as well as you can put lists on there or goals for the week! I’d probably hang this up in the kitchen although I love any kind of wall hanging or print, I have a few in my room right now and they just make a plain wall look amazing! I would actually love to make a gallery wall of prints and quotes.

8. Oliver Bonas – Large Rose Gold Mirror

If there was any colour mirror I was going to go for it would be a rose gold one. How pretty does this one from Oliver Bonas look?! I love how they can make a statement in any room and make it look so much bigger and brighter which I’m all for. In my future bedroom I’ll probably have a massive floor length one for outfit photo’s obviously.

9. Oliver Bonas – Rosa Mug

Does anyone else have a collection of pretty mugs they use for blog photo’s then never actually drink out of them or is that just me being weird.. I’d love to know. I’m sure I’ll have a cupboard full of mugs in my future home because you can never have enough.

10. Oliver Bonas – Wooden Chest Of Drawers

These chest of drawers from Oliver Bonas are amazing and something I wouldn’t normally go for but I think they are different and I’ll probably go for something plain paint and wallpaper wise so these would add a great pop of colour.

11. Oliver Bonas – Copper Floor Lamp

Okay, I know another rose gold lamp. I couldn’t resist adding this into my wish list. I have loved this type of floor lamp for a while, it’s modern while kind of traditional at the same time and I’m 99% sure I’ll have a couple of these.

12. Oliver Bonas – Grey Sofa

Sofa’s are one thing which I know I’m going to have a hard time making a decision on. There’s just SO much choice out there right now. On the one hand there’s the massive corner sofas which look super comfy but then I love the look of a minimal sofa like this Oliver Bonas one. I guess I’ll probably make the final decision when I do finally move out and see the size of the room.

Sofa

..and that’s my homeware wish list! I know there’s a lot of homeware items from Oliver Bonas in my wish list but I am honestly obsessed with the store right now. What interior trends are you loving at the moment?

*This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help me keep this site up and running! Please check out my disclaimer for more details.

34 Comments

1. July 31, 2018 / 7:15 pm

great post! i absolutely LOVE home decor and im always looking at pinterest for more home decor inspiration! I think the pieces that are on your wishlist are absolutely adorable! i love having mugs and throw blankets. the mugs can be used for so many things beside holding drinks and it adds such a cozy touch! lots of love xx

-Mich | simplymich.com

• August 1, 2018 / 1:58 pm

I’m always on Pinterest looking at home decor, it’s so addictive 😂 Awh, thank you! xo

2. July 31, 2018 / 7:23 pm

Love your picks! I haven’t heard of the Oliver Bonas brand before, but I’ll have to check it out! I just ordered a bold, velvet chaise for my new place and am so eager for it to arrive.

• August 1, 2018 / 1:59 pm

They have so much stuff I’m loving at the moment! Definitely go and check them out. Oooo, that sounds amazing! 😍 xo

3. July 31, 2018 / 7:24 pm

Everything is so gorgeous here! I’d love to own a letter board, I have no idea what I’d use it for but it seems like a cool thing to have. Wow, I’ve never seen a chest of drawers that pretty before. I love all the different colours and it’s really eye catching. Great selection Samantha <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• August 6, 2018 / 5:42 pm

Thanks Bexa! I think letter boards are great for putting quotes on! I couldn’t believe when I saw the drawers, I instantly fell in love haha xo

4. July 31, 2018 / 7:24 pm

I’ve never shopped at Oliver Bonas but they have lovely stuff! x

5. July 31, 2018 / 7:31 pm

You have chosen such lovely pieces! I absolutely love the blue chair!! Plants are great to have especially in a flat as they help the air circulate, great post!

• August 6, 2018 / 5:50 pm

Ah thank you! The blue chair is one of my favourites 💕

• August 6, 2018 / 5:52 pm

I have so many artificial, I really need to stop buying them! That’s what I’m worried about, I’m pretty sure they would all die on me haha

6. Creative Nails
    July 31, 2018 / 7:35 pm

I love the wooden chest of drawers you have chosen on your list! It’s definitely not something I would choose normally either, but it looks so cool. Definitely would add a bit of something extra if you have a plain wall behind. Also, rose gold is so pretty – it’s a favourite of mine now too!

Amy,

• August 14, 2018 / 3:11 pm

I honestly love them so much! Oh definitely, I think I’d always go for a plain wall anyway so something like this would make the room stand out just that little bit more. YAY for rose gold! xo

7. July 31, 2018 / 7:35 pm

I need to start looking at homeware as I’m moving! Can’t wait for the homeware hauls I’ll be doing later this year, might actually have to get my hands on one of them clocks!!

• August 14, 2018 / 3:12 pm

Oooo! Such an exciting time for you! I can’t wait to see them 💕 xo

8. July 31, 2018 / 7:38 pm

I love so much of this! I’ve been into the typical rose gold, copper and marble stuff recently!

9. July 31, 2018 / 9:03 pm

The letter board and rosa mugs are so cute! I also loved the copper pendants, especially the one with plant. I recently moved to a new place and still in the process of decorating my apartment. Great post on home decor!

Love,
    Anjali

• August 14, 2018 / 3:26 pm

The pendant with the plant is one of my favourites too 🙌🏼 Thank you! xo

10. July 31, 2018 / 9:20 pm

I do the exact same thing! I still live at home but constantly think about how I’ll decorate my imaginary house. I love those drawers! x

Sophie

11. August 1, 2018 / 4:22 am

What a great selections you have here dear! I love that wooden chest of drawers! How beautiful it looks!

Xoxo Babita

12. August 1, 2018 / 5:10 am

I have a mini obsession with home decor items even though I don’t have my own house yet either haha. I love your simplistic, chic taste in the furnishings, especially the wooden drawers (I would want one in every room of my house if I could).

• August 14, 2018 / 3:28 pm

It’s such a problem. I shouldn’t even look at home decor stuff because I just know I’ll buy something haha. Ah, thank you! xo

13. August 1, 2018 / 8:37 am

All of these items are beautiful! I can’t wait until we buy our house as I want to redecorate everything! I’m always on the lookout for new bits and bobs for home, I’m obsessed with Primark and H&M for bits! I also, love the design and layout of this blog post; is insane!

Liz xx

• August 14, 2018 / 3:30 pm

Ahhh! YES 😍 I’m obsessed with all homeware items even little stuff like cutlery haha. Primark have some lovely things in right now! Awh, you’re so sweet. Thank you girl xo

14. August 4, 2018 / 4:43 pm

Hey Samantha, thank you for sharing this wishlist. It’s pretty damn useful because I am moving to my first ever flat in September. Now I can’t wait to cover it in fake plants and rose gold. Everything in your wishlist looks beautiful and stylish.

• August 14, 2018 / 3:31 pm

Oh I’m so glad it’s helpful and good luck for when you move 💕 That’s so exciting!

• August 14, 2018 / 3:40 pm